Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Columbia Minx Boots Are Functional & Foxy!‏

   

I don't know about you, but finding good winter boots this year has been harder than finding a soul mate! Ok, maybe not that hard, but close enough! LOL I wanted to find winter boots that fit and felt like running shoes, but that were also waterproof and warm. Is that too much to ask? I have kids that are always eager to play in the snow, and I have to walk them to and from the bus stop each school day, so practicality and comfort are a must!

After visiting approximately a dozen stores, I finally found the boots I'd been looking for! I discovered the Columbia Minx™ Mid II Omni-Heat™ boot! Like dating, we often times bypass what was right in front of us all along. You see, most of the stores that I had visited carried my dream winter boots, but I misjudged and dismissed them based on their stylish look as not being practical. Boy was I wrong! When I eventually tried them on, I kicked myself for not giving them a chance at the 1st store I had seen them at. All that time and gas wasted driving from store to store when they were right there all along!

I had originally been looking for ones that had a rubber foot with fabric on the upper part. But after trying on pair after pair of those and various other styles and brands, I could not find one pair that fit snugly or comfortably to my liking.

As I've already said, they are stylish. They looked awesome both on the shelf and on my feet! As soon as I put them on, I knew they were the "one"! They actually felt like running shoes! I had also been looking for boots with laces so that I could adjust the tightness depending on what legwear I would be wearing and to keep the boots nice and secure on my feet. These boots addressed everything I'd been searching for. And they barely weigh anything!

Many boots that I looked at in my travels were heavy already and when you factor in trying to drudge through heavy, wet or deep snow, that's just going to add to the strain of maneuvering through it. The flexibility of the Minx Mid II is an added bonus. If the boot has relatively hard components while in the store at room temperature, then you know that it's going to become harder in colder temps. I love that they are flexible, leaving them malleable no matter how cold it is outside. This just adds to the comfort, and the faux fur trim on the collar and tongue make them really cozy. Their Omni-Grip™ non-marking traction rubber outsoles reduce the chance that you will slip in icy conditions.

Columbia's 2014 Minx Collection features their patented Omni-Heat Reflective Technology and 200g  insulation which are rated for -32C. This, along with their woven synthetic fabric, ensures that your feet will stay warm and dry. While I have not actually tried them in water or slush yet, I have faith that they will do what Columbia has claimed. To provide even more waterproof protection, you could spray them with water repellent which is available at most shoe stores. There are a number of waterproofing spray products on the market and they're typically inexpensive. 

The Columbia Women’s Minx™ Mid II Omni-Heat™ boots come in both a typical full boot style and a Shorty version. The regular boots come in grey, red, white, black & tan, and the Shorty boots come in red, brown, black and a tan print. Here in Canada, the full boots retail for approximately $140 and the Shorty boots for about $110. You can find them in many shoe stores and department stores that typically carry Columbia footwear. Some stores only carry certain colours, so call ahead if you have a specific version in mind. If you are a person who likes to wear thicker socks during the winter months, I would suggest going a 1/2 size larger to give you room. From what I saw, most stores appeared to sell only full sizes. If you require a 1/2 size, you might have better luck purchasing online.  They are also available in youth sizes!

Personally, I favour the full boots in grey. I want them to be deep enough to go out in the snow throughout the winter.  And from experience, I personally find that salt stains and dirt don't show up as much with the grey colour, keeping them looking newer longer. This is why I requested grey for my sample pair.

As a mom who wants and needs to maximize her ability to stay comfortably outside with her kids during winter activities, the Columbia Minx™ Mid II Omni-Heat™ boots are a product that I love! Not only are they comfortable and functional, they look awesome! If you're going to be out playing in the snow, you might as well look good doing it! :)

For a list of winter activities to do with your children this season, check out InfoMommy's 45 Indoor/Outdoor Winter Activities For Your & Your Kids!

To keep up to date with their other products, check out Columbia on Facebook and Twitter!

***** These views are mine, and mine alone. As with anything, you are responsible for assessing whether this item and/or activity is safe and suitable for your specific needs. InfoMommy does not make any warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, and assumes no responsibility and/or liability for any actions taken as a result of this blog post.*****

   

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that I saw this post. It is informative blog for us and we need this type of blog thanks for share this blog, Keep posting such instructional blogs and I am looking forward for your future posts. สเปรย์กันน้ำร้องเท้า

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. mou scarpe sito ufficiale

    ReplyDelete